Looking for “Speaking of Apraxia” in the media? Then look no further!
***Want to have Leslie write an article for your publication? Interested in an interview? Please contact Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org ***
From SpecialNeeds.com, the country’s #2 website devoted to families with children of special needs, www.specialneeds.com Offering unbiased information on parenting children with special needs, advocacy, activities, health and more. This article ran on Monday, February 13 2012. Special Needs – The Essential Resource for Parenting Your Child
- “Speech-based Activities to do with your Child with CAS” http://www.specialneeds.com/children-and-parents/speech-or-communication-impairment/speech-based-activities-kids–
- A Review of “Speaking of Apraxia” by Cara B at Specialneeds.com http://www.specialneeds.com/products-and-services/general-special-needs/book-review-speaking-apraxia. Added April 9, 2012
- Added May 14, 2012 Featured Guest Blogger on Pediatric Health Associates Blog for Parents http://www.pedhealth.blogspot.com/
- Added May 24, 2012 Featured Guest Blogger on Activity Tailor by Kim Lewis, CCC-SLP, http://www.activitytailor.com/blog/?p=914 “Giving My Child the Gift of Voice: The Role of the Parent in CAS”
- Added May 16th, 2012 A Review and give-a-way of “Speaking of Apraxia,” on “Jake’s Journey” apraxia blog hosted by “Apraxia Mom” Tori S. http://jakes-journey-apraxia.com/2012/05/16/speaking-of-apraxia-review-giveaway/
- Added May 31, 2012 “Is it CAS or Something else? Diagnosing Apraxia in Children with Down Syndrome.” Featured Guest Blogger on Chapel Hill Snippets, hosted by Ruth M, CCC-SLP. Chapel Hill Snippets
- Added June 8, 2012, Review of “Speaking of Apraxia” by Alyson Dunn, “apraxia mom” and blogger http://wordsofhisheart.wordpress.com/2012/06/07/speaking-of-apraxia-a-parents-guide-to-childhood-apraxia-of-speech-by-leslile-lindsay-r-n-b-s-n/.
- Added June 9th 2012, Review and Give-a-way of “Speaking of Apraxia” by Angela Moorad, CCC-SLP of Omazing Kids http://www.facebook.com/leslie.stacyelindsay?ref=tn_tnmn#!/OMazingKidsYoga. and/or http://omazingkidsllc.com/2012/06/09/review-giveaway-speaking-of-apraxia-a-parents-guide-to-childhood-apraxia-of-speech/
- Added June 11, 2012 “Consonantly Speaking” blogger, Jessica Chase, CCC-SLP’s review of “Speaking of Apraxia,” http://consonantlyspeaking.com/posts/2012/06/abcs-4-slps-a-is-for-apraxia-of-speech-speaking-of-apraxia-a-parents-guide-to
- Added July 6, 2012, Featured blogger on “Say What, Y’all?” hosted by Haley Villines, CCC-SLP, “Apraxia…You Just Gotta Practice.” http://saywhatyall.wordpress.com/
- Added August 11, 2012, Guest blogger on “Omazing Kids,” hosted by Angela Moorad, CCC-SLP “Apraxia and the Relaxation Connection” http://omazingkidsllc.com/2012/08/11/childhood-apraxia-of-speech-and-the-benefits-of-guided-relaxationyoga-a-guest-blog-post-by-leslie-lindsay/
- Added August 18, 2012 Featured blogger on “Future SLPs” hosted by Jourdan Saunders, CCC-SLP
- Added August 18, 2012 Book Review by Kristin Cummings, CCC-SLP of Simply Speech http://kcummingsslp.blogspot.com/2012/08/book-of-week.html
- Added August 18, 2012 Featured/Guest Blogger on Simply Speech (hosted by Kristin Cummings, CCC-SLP) “Reading and Rhyming with CAS: Green Eggs & Ham” http://kcummingsslp.blogspot.com/2012/08/guest-post-by-leslie-lindsay.html
- Added August 19, 2012 Review of Speaking of Apraxia by Mary Clare Tarpley, host of Mommy Square Blog and “apraxia mom” http://maggieandluke.blogspot.com/2012/08/speaking-of-apraxia.html
- Added September 9, 2012. Brief review of SPEAKING OF APRAXIA by Ashley McGeehon, CCC-SLP of Talk it Up Therapies. You’ll also find other back-to-school tips here http://talkituptherapy.blogspot.com/2012/08/resources-galore.html
- Added September 10, 2012. Review of SPEAKING OF APRAXIA by Cindy Wolfe Boynton at ForeWord. https://www.forewordreviews.com/reviews/speaking-of-apraxia/
- Added September 10, 2012. Interview with Leslie Lindsay at Carrie’s Speech Corner, http://carriesspeechcorner.blogspot.com/
- Added January 28, 2013. Review of SPEAKING OF APRAXIA by David Ozab at Fatherhood, Etc. http://fatherhoodetc.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/review-speaking-of-apraxia/
- Added February 25th, 2013 Growing Up with Apraxia, featuring Kate, the book’s cover girl, hosted by Kimberly Scanlon, CCC-SLP of Scanlon Speech Therapy. http://www.scanlonspeech.com/2013/02/25/growing-up-with-apraxia/
- Added February 28th, 2013 Being a Parent of an Older Child with CAS, hosted by Tori Starling of “Jake’s Journey,” a blog about childhood apraxia of speech. http://jakes-journey-apraxia.com/2013/02/28/what-its-like-being-the-mother-of-an-older-child-with-cas/
- Added August 3rd, 2013. What I Wished I Had Known [About CAS] hosted by Katie Yeh, of “Playing with Words, 365,” a blog by momma and SLP on everything about communication disorders. http://www.playingwithwords365.com/2013/07/10-things-i-wished-i-had-known-about-childhood-apraxia-speech/
- Added August 31st, 2013 Featured Q&A How Can Parents Help Their Children Recover from CAS? Ages & Stages Website hosted by Diane Bahr, CCC-SLP http://www.agesandstages.net/featurefaq.php
From North Shore Pediatric Therapies, a private clinic in Chicagoland staffed by neuropsychologists, their emphasis is on helping children reach their full potentials through speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and more. www.nspt4kids.com
- “Imagine Being a Parent of a Child with CAS” was added the their website as a guest blog on Tuesday, February 14th.
My alma mater, University of Missouri-Columbia Sinclair School of Nursing posted a blurb about me and the book in their Spring 2012 Alumni Magazine. Click Here to Read: 2012_spring_page_22
To learn more about the Sinclair School of Nursing, click here.
- Book Signing at Caribou Coffee, 1147 N. Eola Road, Aurora IL 60502 From the TribLocal (Chicago Tribune’s Regional paper) http://triblocal.com/aurora/calendar/2012/04/14/local-author-to-sign-books-at-caribou-coffee/
- Featured on “Go West, Young Mom!” a fun, website dedicated to young families in the western Chicago ‘burbs. http://www.gowestyoungmom.com/home/2012/3/29/a-go-west-mom-you-should-know-leslie-lindsay-of-speaking-of.html
- Here you can find me in the classnotes section from the Parkway School District, (my high school alma mater in St. Louis County, Missouri). Read the Spring edition of the Alumni News (.pdf) » (Added May 13, 2012).
- Mentioned in “Reader’s Mail” of the July/August 2012 Writer’s Digest
- Added April 8th, 2014: Alphabeet Soup guest post, hosted by Melanie Feller, CCC-SLPhttp://alphabetsoupspeech.blogspot.com/2014/04/guest-post-leslie-lindsay-parent-and.html
***Want to have Leslie write an article for your publication? Interested in an interview? Please contact Leslie at email@example.com***