- Ever wonder what the deal is with movement and speech (ever heard a quiet playground?!) Well, it all has to do with the vestibular system and how it coordinates with gross/fine motor movement. SLP Donna Lederman explains more…
Children with Sensory Integration Disorder – Speech Language Therapy
- A helpful article from PediaStaff in which Dee Fish, CCC-SLP provides some tips for Early Speech Development in Kids with Severe Apraxia of Speech.
My Child has CAS Part I: What On Earth Is CAS, and Who Has It? By Diane Bahr, CCC-SLP“
- My Child Has CAS, Part II: What Makes CAS Different by Other Speech Problems?by Diane Bahr, CCC-SLP
- My Child Has CAS, Part III: “What Can Parent’s Do about CAS?” by Diane Bahr, CCC-SLP
- “Imagine Being a Parent of a Child with CAS” by Leslie Lindsay, RN, BSN
- Surviving & Thriving Raising a Child with Special Needs by Vanessa Cantwell.
- Also, check out Di Bahr, CCC-SLP’s website on”Hands-On” Ages & Stages: communication disorders, feeding difficulites, etc.
- YouTube video on how SLPs Differentiate Late-Talkers from More Severe Speech Disorders, (Retrieved 9.12.12)
- 7 Common Myths of Apraxia. (Retrieved 1.26.13)
Here’s an article by Sandy Alperstein, a special ed lawyer, parent, and community volunteer on the importance of advocating for your child’s IEP